How Do Cardholders Upgrade Their Identification Level (IDV)?
IDV refers to your personal identification level, which determines the amount you can transfer to your account.
Please note that our systems automatically monitor all loading traffic and in accordance with our Terms and Conditions, we reserve the right to hold your transactions for security review wherever we deem this to be necessary.
To increase your loading limit to EUR 15.000 for a 365-day* period and release any pending load you may have, we require proof of ID and address, that meet our requirements below.
* Please note that this limit is set on a rolling basis and does not reset to 0 after 365 days. the upgrade via the app is not possible at the moment.
Requirements for Identification documents:
- A high-resolution colour copy showing the four corners of the document is required. Black and white copies will not be accepted.
- The photo ID must be laminated, government-issued and still valid.
- Handwritten photo IDs will not be accepted.
- Paper IDs and asylum applications will not be accepted as forms of ID.
Accepted forms of ID:
- National ID card – EU/EEA issued only.
- Residence permit – EU/EEA issued only.
- Driving license – EU/EEA issued only.
Requirements for Proof of address documents:
- High-resolution colour copy. Black and white copies will not be accepted.
- The uploaded document must contain the cardholder's name and address.
- The uploaded document must display an issue date and its validity depends on the type of document provided. Please refer to the listed documents below.
Accepted Proof of Address documents:
- The reverse side of the national ID card (only if your address is printed there). The reverse side of Residence Permits will not be accepted.
- Utility bill dated within the last 3 months from a utility company (power, water, gas, TV or landline telephone).
- Bank statements with visible address and name on them and dated within the last 6 months.
- Vehicle registration papers dated within the last 12 months. Insurance papers or green cards will not be accepted.
- Stamped and signed residential address confirmation from a registration office (i.e., local municipality or council office) dated within the last 12 months.
Please note that the upgrade via the app is not possible at the moment.
Important: We require a colour picture of your ID along with documents proving the origin of the funds you have used to load your card with and how you have earned those funds.
- Your IDV3 request will only be processed if you have previously loaded your account with at least EUR 10,000.00.
Depending on your situation, we will need the following documents:
- You are an employee: two payslips from your employer dated within the last 3 months.
- You run your own company: company registration excerpt and either two recently issued invoices by your company or a recent balance and annual financial statement.
- You are a sole trader: business registration document along with two recently issued invoices by your company.
- You are a freelancer: a description of your work along with the documents from the financial authority concerning a tax ID number and two recently issued invoices by you.
- You are retired or receive regular payments from your health insurance company: two recent certificates of the amount of payment received from the pension fund authority or health insurance company.
- You received an inheritance: a copy of a will and signed testament along with a recent bank statement from a bank within the European Economic Area (EEA).
- You have savings: an issued paper bank account statement not older than 6 months in your name from a bank located within the European Economic Area and an explanation of where your savings have originated from.
- You have financial funds from trust-agreements: a copy of the trust contract along with a trust structure diagram. Also, a confirmation of the ultimate beneficiary of the trust contract and a recent annual financial statement must be provided.
- You won money from a gambling or a lottery provider: copy of the correspondence of the casino / lottery confirming and acknowledging the granting of the prize.
- Other scenarios which are not covered by the points above must be clarified by contacting our Customer Service Team.